Historic Garden Park Fossil Area
Marshall and Amanda
- 1) Amanda Colburn - the Northeast Kingdom
- 2) Mustering In
- 3) Button Hole Scissors
- 4) Matron in Charge
- 5) Shoe "Peggers"
- 6) A Most Abominable Dress
- 7) Whiskey, Quinine, and Hot Rocks
- 8) Boston
- 9) If I had a wagon...
- 10) Denver City - Colorado Territory
- 11) This Land is our Land
- 12) A Smart Vermont Yankee and His Wife, a Smarter Vermont Yankee Woman
- 13) Kids, Corn, Cows, and old Bones
- 14) 1877
- 15) Oramel and Ira
- 16) The Three Rocks
- 17) Rejoicing in Four of Five Languages
- 18) Without a Scratch
- 19) Marshall's Masterpiece
- 20) The Hands Whoso Beauty Was Duty Done
- 21) Sarah
- 22) In Life and Death, Yours, Gertrude
- 23) You Better Not Do That
Location: The historic oil well location is a road side stop with no pull off. A visitor would need to pull off along the edge of the road in a safe location near the plaque in order to view the plaque. It is located 5.8 miles north of Canon City starting at the...
Location: The trail head is located 6.3 miles north of Canon City, starting at Reynolds and US Highway 50. Take Reynolds north to Fields and proceed north merging with Fremont County Road 9. Proceed past the Cleveland Dinosaur Quarry and the trail head is just...
The following is derived primarily from a publication by Donald H. Kupfer, Ph. D. who was a retired professor from Louisiana State University. This publication is entitled “Canon City’s Oil Spring, Fremont County Colorado” and it is available through the American...